Summer Prerequisite Courses
Bastyr University offers the following courses to assist prospective students preparing to attend Bastyr University. Many of the courses are offered in an intensive format in response to feedback from prospective students. These courses are also open to anyone who needs to complete college-level science courses.
Kenmore Campus: Below is a list of the science courses usually offered during Summer Quarter. A schedule of all the Kenmore summer courses available to the public and entering first-year students will be posted in April.
- General Chemistry 1 & 2 (Lecture/Lab), 6 credits
- Organic Chemistry for Life Sciences (Lecture/Lab), 6 credits
- Intro to Biochemistry (Lecture/Lab) , 6 credits
San Diego Campus: Below is a list of the science courses usually offered during Summer Quarter. A schedule of all the San Diego summer courses available to the public and entering first-year students will be posted in April.
- Introduction to Biochemistry (Lecture/Lab), 6 credits
Summer-Start Option for new Naturopathic Medicine students
Save yourself the stress of a heavy first Fall Quarter load by completing some of the coursework in summer instead. Naturopathic Medicine students who have completed all program prerequisites prior to the start of Summer Quarter have the ability to participate in the Summer-Start program. Registration for Summer Start typically opens in late April.
Benefits of Summer-Start include:
- Take 12.5 fewer credits in the Fall (14.0 instead of 26.5)
- Starting the program with reduced credits allows you time to build your learning and time management skills during your first two quarters
- Get to know classmates and faculty sooner
- If you are returning to full-time study or don't have a strong science background, you'll be able to ease into a heavy science load
- Summer-start classes are eligible for Financial Aid! If you're interested in Summer-Start, make sure to list 12.5 credits under Summer Quarter when estimating your credit hours on your Financial Aid application.